Vanguard total bond market index fund annual returns

If you have been thinking of investing in the bond market, then you heard a thing or two about the Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund (VBMFX).The Fund seeks to give investors seeking to invest in U.S. grade bonds a broad exposure. One of the ways to achieve that goal is by investing 30% corporate bonds, and the remaining 70% in U.S. government bonds.

Learn why Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Funds BND and VBMFX are held in the Barclays Aggregated Index tend to have above-average sensitivity to that when bond yields rise and prices fall, the value of these funds will fall as well. Analyze the Fund Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund Institutional Learn more about mutual funds at fidelity.com. 4 out of 5, Above Average Returns. See Vanguard Total Bond Market Index (VBMFX) mutual fund ratings from all the See Vanguard Total Bond Market Index performance, holdings, fees, risk and  12 Jul 2016 The average coupon interest rate of the fund's portfolio is 3.2%; however, since interest rates are historically low and many bonds trade for a  FTSE Developed ex North America High Dividend Yield Index ETF U.S. Total Market Index ETF Global ex-U.S. Aggregate Bond Index ETF (CAD-hedged) The indicated rate of return is the historical annual compounded total return  17 Dec 2019 He was a superior judge of actively managed mutual funds. Over the past five years, it has returned an annualized 12.1% – a hair below the S&P 500. And like so many bond funds, returns have shined so far this year: Vanguard Total Stock Market exhibits all the benefits of a broad-based index fund. Annualized Returns %. Vanguard Total Bond Market Index. Fund Institutional Plus Shares. +3.88. +3.74. +11.87. +3.56. +3.92. +3.90. Category Average. +3.03.

Annual Total Returns — Vanguard Long-Term Bond Index Fund ETF Shares Average Annual Total Returns for Periods Ended December 31, 2018 1 Year 5 Years 10 Years Vanguard Long-Term Bond Index Fund ETF Shares Based on NAV Return Before Taxes –4.46% 5.49% 5.87% Return After Taxes on Distributions –6.00 3.71 4.02

VBTLX Mutual Fund Guide | Performance, Holdings, Expenses & Fees, Distributions and More. 182 results See all Vanguard mutual funds with key metrics; AUM, performance, fees, dividend, Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund, Inv (VBMFX), U.S.  23 Nov 2010 This simple strategy provides consistent long-term returns that are For example , the widely used Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund seeks to This fund has a beta of 1.00 and since 1990 has provided an average  29 Feb 2020 Vanguard Total Bond Market (BND) ETF: which are the historical returns and the worst drawdowns? Is it a good choice for your portfolio?

Current and Historical Performance Performance for Vanguard Total Bond Market Inde on Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund Admiral Shares ( VBTLX).

Total Bond Market Index Fund Face Market Percentage Maturity Amount Value• of Net Coupon Date ($000) ($000) Assets U.S. Government and Agency Obligations U.S. Government Securities United States Treasury Note/Bond 2.875% 8/15/28 940,238 1,009,872 0.4% United States Treasury Note/Bond 2.125% 5/15/25 975,222 991,225 0.4% Annual Total Returns — Vanguard Long-Term Bond Index Fund ETF Shares Average Annual Total Returns for Periods Ended December 31, 2018 1 Year 5 Years 10 Years Vanguard Long-Term Bond Index Fund ETF Shares Based on NAV Return Before Taxes –4.46% 5.49% 5.87% Return After Taxes on Distributions –6.00 3.71 4.02 average annual total return The average annual profit or loss realized by an investment at the end of a specified calendar period, stated as a percentage gained or lost per dollar invested. Stock fund returns historically have averaged 10.5%, based on the total average annual return of the Standard & Poor's 500 Index from 1960 through 2005*. Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund seeks to track the performance of abroad, market-weighted bond index. Benchmark Spliced BloomBarc USAgg Flt AdjIx Growth of a $10,000 investment: January 31, 2010— December 31, 2019 $14,132 Fund as of 12/31/19 $14,268 Benchmark as of 12/31/19 Annual returns Spliced BloomBarc USAgg Flt AdjIx: Bloomberg Barclays U.S. Aggregate Bond Index through December 31, 2009; If you have been thinking of investing in the bond market, then you heard a thing or two about the Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund (VBMFX).The Fund seeks to give investors seeking to invest in U.S. grade bonds a broad exposure. One of the ways to achieve that goal is by investing 30% corporate bonds, and the remaining 70% in U.S. government bonds. Historical index risk/return (1926–2019) 2005, through June 2, 2013; and the CRSP US Total Market Index thereafter. For U.S. bond market returns, we used the S&P High Grade Corporate Index from 1926 through 1968, the Citigroup High Grade Index from 1969 through 1972, the Lehman Brothers U.S. Long Credit AA Index from 1973 through 1975

Bond fund|Institutional Plus Shares Fund facts Risk level Low High Total net assets Expense ratio as of 04/26/19 Ticker symbol Turnover rate as of 12/31/19 Inception date Fund number 12345 $23,679 MM 0.03 % VBMPX 43.9 % 09/18/95 0850 Investment objective Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund seeks to track the performance of abroad,

Current and Historical Performance Performance for Vanguard Total Bond Market ETF on Yahoo Finance. Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund ETF Shares (BND) Annual Total Return (%) History Fund Performance The fund has returned 9.91 percent over the past year, 4.65 percent over the past three years, 2.96 percent over the past five years and 3.74 percent over the past decade

Annualized Returns %. Vanguard Total Bond Market Index. Fund Institutional Plus Shares. +3.88. +3.74. +11.87. +3.56. +3.92. +3.90. Category Average. +3.03.

If you're already a Vanguard client: Call 800-888-3751. Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Eastern time © 1995–2020 The Vanguard Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Vanguard Marketing Corporation, Distributor of the Vanguard Funds. Your use of this site signifies that

Year-to-Date Return 0.65% 5-Year Average Return 2.13% Best 1 Yr Total Return (Feb 3, 2019) 7.56% Worst 1 Yr Total Return (Feb 3, 2019) -2.26% Best 3-Yr Total Return 7.56% Worst 3-Yr Total Return 1.21%. • For the 12 months ended December 31, 2019, returns for Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund ranged from 8.61% for Investor Shares to 8.76% for Institutional Select Shares. The fund performed in line with the 8.87% return of its benchmark index after taking the costs of running the fund into account. Average Annual Total Returns as of 02/29/2020; 1 Month 3 Month 1 Year 3 Year 5 Year 10 Year; Spliced Inst Total Stock Market Idx –8.17% –5.60% –8.23%: 6.79%: 9.29%: 8.70%: 12.50%: Spliced International Index –7.90% –6.50% –10.38% –0.69%: 4.15%: 2.18%: 4.08%: Spliced Large Cap Index –8.12% –5.19% –7.88%: 8.41%: 10.01%: 9.20%: 12.70%: Spliced Market Neutral Index USD: 0.13%: 0.40% The Vanguard Total Bond Market Index fund falls within Morningstar’s intermediate-term bond category. Funds in this category generally invest in corporate and other investment-grade fixed-income securities with a duration ranging from 3.5 to six years. Morningstar calls the fund a low credit-risk, low-cost option. VBMFX | A complete Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund;Investor mutual fund overview by MarketWatch. View mutual fund news, mutual fund market and mutual fund interest rates. Learn about VBMFX with our data and independent analysis including NAV, star rating, asset allocation, capital gains, and dividends. Start a 14-day free trial to Morningstar Premium to unlock our Bond fund|Institutional Plus Shares Fund facts Risk level Low High Total net assets Expense ratio as of 04/26/19 Ticker symbol Turnover rate as of 12/31/19 Inception date Fund number 12345 $23,679 MM 0.03 % VBMPX 43.9 % 09/18/95 0850 Investment objective Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund seeks to track the performance of abroad,